Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 4


5-13-2010

I finally feel like things are coming together! Today I began working a little later than usual, about 10 o'clock. I worked until 12:30 finishing ironing all of the backing onto the smaller logo pieces. I was relieved to finally have completed that step and was ready to move on. After a lunch break I returned and spread out all of my jersey's and logos onto the two and a half yards of white fabric. I placed them in many different positions, trying to find the best and most presentable way for them all to fit onto the quilt. After practicing sewing the gold quilt binding around the jerseys, Deb and I realized that they looked better without it. We decided that we were no longer going to incorporate the gold quilt binding into the quilt, and that we would simply use a straight or zig zag stitch along the border of each jersey. This gave me a plan for tomorrow morning: more cutting and trimming the jerseys borders as they will no longer have quilt binding hiding their jagged edges. I will be working on "cleaning up" the borders of the jerseys and logos tomorrow morning, and then will hopefully get to sewing in the afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks goodness you decided against the gold trim!! That was a regular trim color in the uniforms in the 1970's into the early 80's....but we got rid of it. Jim Whipple, our Champion rep at the time, suggested we shift to black and it was a much better look for us. The gold just went out of style....though your fall team seemed to like puling on those old polyester unis with the floppy collars and gold trim for green/white scrimmages late in the season!! - Karl

    ReplyDelete