Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 10- quilt completed!



I worked hard and long today, but the good news is that I finished the quilt! I had to finish sewing the border, so I did that as soon as I arrived at Debs around 9:30. She then taught me how to hand stitch each corner of the quilt. This took about an hour to complete all four corners. Once I finished this, I sewed three rings onto the back of the quilt which will be used to hang it. I then took scrap pieces of the green and white fabric and folded over their edges to iron straight. I bonded them together with the fusing sheets and signed my name and class on it. I then fused this to the quilt with the heat and bond paper. I finally sewed this onto the quilt for a finishing touch. I worked for about 4 hours today. Above are pictures of rings that I sew on in order to hang it and a sneak peak of the final quilt! Come to my presentation on Thursday to see the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment