Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1


5-10-2010.

Today I worked from 9:15am-1:15pm.

I began my morning when my alarm clock went off at 8:30 AM. I headed to the field house to meet with Jake Johnson, our equipment manager. He led me upstairs to a room that I never knew existed. I was extremely surprised to see the hundreds of old jerseys stacked in boxes throughout the room. There were football, basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey, and wrestling jerseys that were at least twenty years old. After I picked through the many piles and chose the Jerseys that I thought were best for my quilt, I brought them over to my sponsor, Deb Emeny's house. There, we began to sketch the design of what we would like the quilt to look like. After we had an idea of what we were working with, we began to cut the jerseys apart along the seams and placed them into a pile to be used for when we begin the sewing process. Finally, we made a list of materials that I needed to make the quilt. I chose to stick to Proctor colors, so I went to Joanne Fabrics and bought two and a half yards of white and green fabric. I also bought gold wide seem binding that I will place around each jersey once I begin to sew. The last thing on the list was an iron on adhesive that will be used to place the jerseys onto the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. If you got any game shirts with gold trim up in that room they are 'pre-Jake' and probably more like 30 years old! Did you find any that doubled as both hockey and lacrosse jerseys? Sounds lik eyou are off to a great start!

    Karl

    ReplyDelete